Truck accidents can be fatal because of the enlarged size of the vehicle. It causes severe damage to the vehicle in front, which is more dangerous than a normal car crash.
Additionally, truck accidents can cause serious injuries like broken bones, brain injuries, paralysis, coma, and death. However, speed is the primary cause of such mishaps. In the US, strict laws are meant for truck drivers to avoid such accidents. Since the truck accident can be traumatizing and bring multiple physical problems, you are entitled to receive compensation.
Proving fault or negligence in truck accident cases can be complex. However, having a Wyoming personal injury lawyer can ease the hassle and make the process smoother. Moreover, the lawyer will also gather evidence and get maximum compensation for all the injuries and other damages.
Certain truck accident injuries include:
- Back and neck injuries: Truck accidents can cause serious complications causing neck pain or intervertebral discs dislocation. These two areas are critical, and injuries could lead to disturbances in daily activities. Any significant injury in the spine could leave the patient in a state of paralysis.
- Broken bones: In truck accidents, the impact is so powerful that there is a complete chance of breaking bones, which at times could be avoidable in case of car wrecks.
- Head injuries: There can be a life-altering impact on the brain in a truck accident. Brain damage can occur without direct impact by sudden back and forth movement of the head. Certain symptoms that can be seen include confusion, nausea, vision disturbance, and other problems. In rare cases, because of trauma, the brain’s motor functions get affected, which leads to serious complications.
- Internal injuries: Usually, the impact of truck accidents is so powerful that it can cause internal damage to organs. It can cause hematoma or bleeding in the liver, kidney, and spleen. These are all difficult to treat.
- Lacerations: At times, the patient could get major scars that can be painful and may never heal entirely because of the accidents.
- Rib and torso injuries: Damage to the rib cage can be severe because it protects the lungs. Damage to ribs can damage or pierce the lung resulting in a pneumothorax.
- Seat belt injuries: Seatbelts are meant to protect a person in case of an accident. However, a seatbelt can sometimes also lead to an injury, like whiplash.
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis: The damage to the spinal cord could cause severe complications like paralysis.
Truck accidents are more likely to be fatal or cause severe injuries. You are eligible for compensation for all the medical bills (due to the accident), loss of income due to your injury, emotional damages, and more. Contact an experienced personal injury lawyer who can stand up for your case and talk on your behalf with the insurance company or the parties involved.